Hello Students. Are you Searching for the solutions of Class 7 English Chapter 3? If yes then you are in the right place. Here we have provided you with the Question and Answers of Chapter 3: Gopal and the Hilsa Fish. These solutions are written by expert teachers and are so accurate to rely on.
|Chapter||3. Gopal and the Hilsa Fish|
|Category||NCERT Solutions for Class 7|
The lesson is a comic view of the story of a king who challenged his funny courtiers Gopal to bring Hilsa fish to court. He successfully completed the challenge in the most fun way.
NCERT Solutions for Class 7 English Chapter 3
WORKING WITH THE TEXT
Everyone around the king was talking about the Hilsa fish. This had infected the king, so he did not want anyone to talk about Hilsa fish.
The king asked Gopal to buy a huge Hilsa fish from the market and to ensure that anyone should not talk about the fish throughout the way from the market to the palace.
Gopal made his face half. Step ashes on your body and wear asanas before going out to buy Hilsa fish.
Gopal started singing and dancing in front of the palace on a loud voice. The king heard the noise and asked to bring the man in.
Nobody was interested in Hilsa fish. Gopal bought Gopal due to the situation. He wore the rugs, his face was half shaved and the ash was stained on his body. People were more interested in its appearance than fish.
Q6) Write ‘True’ or ‘False’ against each of the following sentences.
- The king lost his temper easily
- Gopal was a madman
- Gopal was a clever man
- Gopal was too poor to afford decent clothes
- The king got angry when he was shown to be wrong
WORKING WITH LANGUAGE
Q1) Change the following sentences in the story to reported speech. The first one has been done for you.
- How much did you pay for that Hilsa?
- Why is your face half-shaven? Gopal’s wife asked him……….
- I accept the challenge, Your Majesty. Gopal told the king……….
- I want to see the king. Gopal told the guards……….
- Bring the man to me at once. The king ordered the guard……….
- The woman asked the man how much did he pay for that Hilsa.
- Gopal’s wife asked him why his face was half-shaven.
- Gopal told the king that he accepted the challenge.
- Gopal told the guards that he wanted to see the king.
- The king ordered the guard to bring the man to him at once.
Q2) Find out the meaning of the following words by looking them up in dictionary. Then use them in sentences of your own.
Challenge; mystic; comical; courtier; smearing
- Challenge: a call to prove or justify something. I am taking the Challenge to score 90+ Marks in my final exams.
- Mystic: Spiritual. My parents are mystic.
- Comical: Funny. This Independence day I will perform a comical act.
- Courtier: a person who attends a royal court as a companion or adviser to the king or queen. e had been an excellent courtier of the very best tradition.
- Smearing: coat or mark (something) messily or carelessly with a greasy or sticky substance. His face was smeared with dirt.
That’s it. These were the solutions of NCERT Class 7 English Chapter 3- Gopal and the Hilsa Fish. Our team hopes that you have found these solutions helpful for you. If you have any doubt related to this chapter then feel free to comment your doubts below. Our team will try their best to help you with your doubts.