Hello Students. Are you Searching for the solutions of Class 7 English An Alien Hand Chapter 1? If yes then you are in the right place. Here we have provided you with the Question and Answers of Chapter 1: The Tiny Teacher. These solutions are written by expert teachers and are so accurate to rely on.
|Poem||1. The Tiny Teacher|
|Textbook||An Alien Hand|
|Category||NCERT Solutions for Class 7|
The author writes about the most young creatures of ‘Ants’. He describes ants’ habits and houses. Ants lead an exemplary life, especially for humans. Antis responsible, dedicated and social discipline can bring social reforms.
NCERT Solutions for Class 7 English Chapter 1
The Tiny Hand Solutions
Q1) The story of an ant’s life sounds almost untrue. The italicized phrase means
- highly exaggerated.
- too remarkable to be true.
- not based on facts.
Answer) highly exaggerated.
Q2) Complete the following sentences.
- An ant is the smallest,……….
- We know a number of facts about an ant’s life because……….
- insect we have seen.
- people have kept the ants as pets and watched their behaviour closely.
An ant’s life is peaceful because each ant does its share of work intelligently and bravely, and never fights with other members of the group.
The grubs take in three to six weeks to become cocoons and then to be a complete ant.
The worker ants carry the grubs about daily for exercise, airing and sunshine.
New ants are trained by the old ants on the jobs of workers, cleaners, soldiers, builders, etc.
Other creatures that live in anthills are beetles and greenfly.
Three things that we can learn from the ‘tiny teacher’ are hard work, cleanliness, loyalty and care for the young ones.
Q1) Answer the following questions:
- What problems are you likely to face if you keep ants as pets?
- When a group of bees finds nectar, it informs other bees of its location, quantity, etc. through dancing. Can you guess what ants communicate to their fellow ants by touching one another’s feelers?
- There might be several problems if we keep ants as pets. They follow their own rules. Above all, they bite and spoil the food.
- Ants communicate about food newly found by them to their fellow ants by touching one another’s feelers.
Q2) Complete the following poem with words from the box below. Then recite the poem.
hole, kennel, nests, anthill, stable
Soldiers live in barracks
And birds in (a)……….
Much like a snake that rests
In a (b)………. . No horse is able
To sleep except in a (c)………. .
And a dog lives well,
Mind you, only in a (d)………. .
To say *hi’ to an ant if you will,
You may have to climb an (e)………. .
That’s it. These were the solutions of NCERT Class 7 English Chapter 1- The Tiny Teacher. Our team hopes that you have found these solutions helpful for you. If you have any doubt related to this chapter then feel free to comment your doubts below. Our team will try their best to help you with your doubts.